Effective Date: March 01, 2019. Last Updated: Nov 16, 2020
If you have any questions or concerns about your personal information on this website, please contact us via the form Contact Us and we will respond to you within 2 business days.
The company is committed to ethical handling of private information. After the Cambridge Analytica scandal, the need for protecting user data has been heightened and their business practices have since been adjusted accordingly. Our website operates in the US, but we are currently looking into ways of meeting appropriate EU standards for processing and use of personal data.
Collection of Information
This website collects personal information to provide the functionality that is necessary for it’s members. We keep this information secure and will never share it with anyone else.
When you submit your personal information, you are agreeing to receive future communications from SolarSystems about products or services that may be of interest. You can easily unsubscribe or edit contact preferences if you so wish.
To provide you with a better browsing experience, we might use your IP address and other information about where you are browsing from.
How we use information
We collect information to provide services and improve our quality of service. Specifically, we may use the information to:
- We will send you tech support, release notices, security updates, administrative messages, and handle any requests you make.
- Monitor activity, usage, and trends with our intelligent reports
- Fraud detection and prevention is a big part of our business, and catching fake reviews or customer lies is the best way to make sure we stay afloat. That’s why the team created an automated review monitoring system that will detect fraudulent activity quickly so we can provide high-quality content.
- Personalize your visit to our website based on your needs and location.
- Carry-out any other purpose for which you were requested by the collector of the information
How we share information
- We may share information we receive about you with companies who provide us services, like internet or tech support. They need this information to provide the services to us.
- We may share opinions and stories submitted through our website with the companies that are the subject of the review, other entities we have relationships with, and our affiliates. These entities may post these reviews on their respective websites.
- Yes, we may share your information with our partners.
- We may disclose information if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so to comply with legal processes, such as in response to subpoenas, courts orders or requests by government authorities, law enforcement authorities.
- We may also disclose information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SolarSystems.
- As our business continues to grow, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In related transactions – such as during negotiations – you will likely be asked for your personal information.
Links to other websites
We don’t take responsibility for what other websites and services may do, so be sure to read their policy and make your own judgments.
Sharing your personal information with third parties
Your private information will be shared with third-parties only when you have requested us to do so, or when the service requires it.(for example if you request us to collect quotes from solar companies we would not send your details to other companies without your permission)
This agreement states that we will ensure your data is not shared with any third party for any other purpose than the task at hand
Our ad tracking, ads on other websites, and personal information are just a few of the ways that the value we provide is appreciated. They use tracking cookies and pixels and feedback information in order to understand what you’re doing online, so they can provide personalized relevant ads. You don’t have to worry about your personal information getting into the wrong hands when you use third-party advertising platforms. You can find out how they track your interaction in accordance to their privacy policies.
At first instance, concerns about privacy data should be directed to Contact Us
If you have a complaint that is not resolved report it , an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States.
Some businesses may be subject to the investigatory powers of the Federal Trade Commission
Cookies and Trackers
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies, although some Services may not function properly if they’re disabled. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit www.google.com/settings/ads.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from SolarSystems or our sister companies. If you need instructions on how to do this, please contact us.You can chose to unsubscribe from our emails if you prefer. We do not push promotional advice on our customer list but we will still send you non-promotional information about your account and our business relationships between each other.